Thursday, December 11, 2008

Living away

The things we sometimes have to do for our families. It's so tough having to travel 340 miles each way Monday and Friday and stay with a brother in between those days while working. It's just not the same sleeping in a strange bed four nights a week, and only being able to talk by phone and then only after work is over. At least the trip back down seems shorter as I eagerly anticipate an eager greeting from the wife and daughter as I step through the door upon arrival in St. George. How prepared am I; what won't I do for my two favorite people in the world? On Monday I ended up going through three big storms. The first one began ten miles south of Cedar City and I didn't emerge til fifteen miles north of Cove Fort. I had a near spin-out on the notorious black ice and the snow sometimes being so blinding that sometimes I limped along at 20 mph til I finally could see a bit further down the road. I went through two more storms around Filmore and Nephi before hitting clear sailing at Santaquin. What a trip!! Now you see why we want to sell; to avoid this crazy commute! This is much more meaningful work and the hours are better so we can plan events better, but we still face the big "S" obstacle. I love my wife and daughter and miss them while I'm away. Prayers aren't the same over the phone. I pray every day we can all soon live in this new location. Oh, to all of you Wal-mart shoppers out there, when you buy something just remember who may have loaded it onto the truck that delivered it to your local store.

4 comments:

Patrick & Sheena said...

It is great to hear it from Kent's point of view! What is the big "S" obstacle?

The Jensen Family said...

Selling the house

DeFriez Family said...

well somethings gotta give. Things will work out!!!!!

The Jensen Family said...

Well a tire just gived!! does that count ??? is Gived a word???/ LOL